[pmmail-list] Novel bug in beta 3

Nihao pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 00:10:46 -0800

On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 20:42:04 -0800 (PST), James L. Vaughn wrote:

>>I've received some spam, the html <spit!> type and discovered that each
>>time I click on the show headers button, the background colour of the
>>window changes. Only noticed this while sending my normal abuse report.
>>
>Interesting, there is nothing there that should cause that. It is a
>HTML document, but that should not cause any problems in PMMail. There
>is a .CGI script "ACTION="http//:www.actionstocks.com/mailmachine.cgi""
>but that would only have an effect if you was viewing the message in a
>browser, like IE or Netscape.

I just looked at an HTML spam I got and found the same behavior, so I
think this is a real bug.  At the very least, the background color
seems to change depending on whether you're showing the full headers.
On this particular spam, full header=black background.  No headers=red
background (twice) or brown background (most of the time).

So there *is* a problem, after all.  I'd noticed this before when
forwarding the spam to ISPs, but didn't realize the displaying of
headers affected it as well.

-Warner Young