[pmmail-list] German, French, Spanish versions (was: Install 2.20.2200)

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:56:06 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:04:06 +0100, Henk Hendriks wrote:

> Any translation of the interface should of course be done by *professionals* to ensure
> consistency etc.. I would be able to quote a reasonable price if I knew who to contact.

   Professionals in what? I have seen a lot of translations of
professional _translators_ who knew nothing of the product to be
described, and those translations are horrible.

   Recently I helped a professional texter who was working on a
manual for a phone cost management software; he had no clue what the
thing was about, and asked me to explain him the basics of the
software -- and he was writing the manual!

   I think a team of people who are _dedicated_ to the product whose
user interface, help texts and manual they are translating, is the
best solution.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main