[pmmail-list] German, French, Spanish versions (was: Install 2.20.2200)

Henk Hendriks pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:53:57 +0100

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:11:36 -0800, Warner Young wrote:

>Having worked on the developer side and having had to deal with
>translation services, I've found that the problem is *usually* a lack
>of context.  The translator doesn't have to have experience with the
>type of software, if the developer can provide some context for all the
>words to translate.

Exactly. More often than not you get to translate a list of strings extracted from the software,
without any context at all. Very often the software is still under development and the
translator is not allowed access to it. Which makes life very difficult (if you're a translator).

Henk

HH translations |          	Evertsenstraat 16     	tel:   +31 (0)24 3605 442
CE documentation      	6512 JM Nijmegen   	fax:   +31 (0)24 3605 485
                                          	The Netherlands      	email: h.hendriks@hhce.nl
					web: www.hhce.nl