[pmmail-list] BSW Non-Support List

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:56:33 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:36:44 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>Kevin, this list is partially in existence to facilitate users
>helping each other. I can't remember what your message was pertaining
>to but generally I don't answer the Windows questions because I'm
>primarily the OS/2 support person.
>
>Official technical support is still done through the two main support
>email addresses:
>
>PMMail/2 Support <pmmailos2@blueprintsoftwareworks.com>
>and
>PMMail Windows Support <pmmailwin@blueprintsoftwareworks.com>

Trevor,

IMHO, this is completely lame.  Why would BSW have an official mailing
list that they refuse to support?  What kind of charade is this?
Thomas promised a more open and communicative interface with PMMail
users and pointed to this mailing list as the official conduit.  Some
might be skeptical and accuse BSW of setting this list up solely for
the purpose of wresting the attention of the participants away from the
list set up by Steve Lamb where BSW was repeatedly taken to task for
broken promises and missed deadlines.  Others, however, took Thomas at
his word and subscribed to this mailing list in order to receive
official, sanctioned support from BSW.  Which is the truth, Trevor?
Should everyone start posting all their questions on-line at the two
addresses above and abandon this list?  Should users refrain from
responding to inquiries appearing on the two on-line lists and reserve
it for official responses only?  Will you and Jimmy summarize and post
pertinent information appearing on the two on-line lists onto this list
so that people don't have to ask the same questions over and over?
Like I said, completely lame...

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com