[pmmail-list] other textcolor for quoting

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:40:31 -0800

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:13:21 -0700, Dave in Phoenix AZ wrote:

>I also think different colored text is very helpful reading and I like it
>BUT...it requires html and makes the size of the message huge vs text

We're talking about a change to the reader, not the message itself. The
reader simply looks for ">" at the beginning of a line and colors such
lines in an alternate color.

BTW, I'm using Xnews (http://xnews.3dnews.net) for my newsreader and it
does this when viewing news postings. It also colors signatures
different, using some standard for detecting the sig boundary. (Check
news:news.software.readers.) When replying, the same sig boundary
detector is used to strip the sig before quoting for the reply.

Xnews also has a nice scoring feature that looks for regexps in various
parts of the message and assigns scores (which may be negative) to
messages. It might be nice to add this to PMMail for use with mailing
lists. The scores show up color coded as another column in the message
list.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]