[pmmail-list] ~Re: [feature request] other textcolor for quotings

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:18:16 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:17:25 +0100, Martin Jansen wrote:

>the possibility
>to choose another color for quoted text, like e.g.
>Forte Agent does.

Simple enough request. But what about its implementation. Should I accept
the increased time in rendering the text while PMMail figures out what
text to colorize and in what color? How did Forte Agent deal with multiple
types of quote characters? Do you have a solution for BSW?

>different colors make it really easier to read
>and to write messages with lots of quotings in it.

I haven't used it and don't miss it. I find the present display easy
enough to read. No message should have "lots of quotings in it". If it
does, I don't bother to figure out what the author intended to say. Back
to the debate on excessive quoting. :)

>What do you think about that?

I don't care unless it eats performance.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris