[pmmail-list] an existing feature i never saw

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:26:22 -0400

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 10:07:27 -0500, Edward B. Germain wrote:

>I couldn't figure out how to do the equavalent in Windows 2K.  I
>checked the help menu under "select" and "delete" but found no help.  I
>just couldn't discover how to mark a block.  Eventually, by trial and
>error, I discovered that if you select one entry with a left mouse
>click, then scroll up or down down to the last entry in the sequence
>you want to delete and then hold down the SHIFT key while you
>left-click again, the whole list is highlighted.
>
>I've been using PMMail for years and years, admittedly mostly under
>OS/2, but I was astonished that I didn't know this capability in Win2K.

:-) This is a marking feature in Windows *and* OS/2.

It is not listed in the documentation for PMMail because it is an
operating system feature. Probably all programs should explicitly
state "in order to use this program we assume you are familiar with
the basic functions of your operating system's use."

Selecting items in lists, using the right-mouse-button pop-up menu,
opening/closing windows, etc. are all procedures that we just assume
are understood because they function the same in PMMail as they do in
other programs (given that they use the same operating system).

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support