[pmmail-list] ~Re: PMMail 2000 Beta Difficulties

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:00:51 -0800

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:50:27 -0800 (PST), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>>>What is it about this group that insults have to fly every which way for no reason at all?
>
>For personal and professional reasons, I operate multiple o/s's. I was not
>insulted. It is only insulting if you find some truth in his comment. He
>obviously has a partisan opinion and expressed it.

Someone said "try rebooting, junk accumulates", someone else said in reply
"another windoze luser posting crap advice" (this was after several people
had already pointed out it was an OS/2 user who made the reboot suggestion).

No one took offense to the first suggestion, many thought the "luser" reply
as inappropriate, and makes BSW look bad (since this is an official BSW
mailing list which they control).

>>As far as I can see, they only seem to fly in one direction, over and over.
>
>One unprofessional comment deserves another I suppose. This comment
>suggests that only OS2 users are partisan, rude and insulting. I find no
>truth in this comment. Windows users can be just as partisan about their
>o/s.

The comment was specificly about this mailing list, not "the world".  There
are plenty of Windows zelots in the world, but on this mailing list the
problem (as far as unprofessional posts) was a few OS/2 users.

>>It's rude, and makes both PMMail and BSW look unprofessional in the eyes of
>>new customers.
>
>The author was not a BSW representative. The comment related to the o/s
>used to run PMMail and not the program itself. If anything, Windows users
>of PMMail should be grateful for the support OS2 users gave to PMMail or
>there wouldn't be a Windows version.

BSW setup this list so they could control the tone of the mailing list (as
opposed to Steve Lamb's more free for all list).  Not to control their own
messages (which they obviously control), but the messages written by their
users, to create a professional support environment where users can discuss
PMMail.  In part as a PR tool, as well as a means of support.

As for Windows users of PMMail being "grateful for the support OS/2 users
gave PMMail"...  Ha! Ha!

How many of the windows users WERE those OS/2 users!   I wouldn't be suprised
if the majority of PMMail for Win users are ex-OS/2 users.

I'm one of them, as are several friends. Many others have long since moved on
(for instance, Steve Lamb).