[pmmail-list] firewalls

Andreas Ludwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:54:51 +0200 (MSZ)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:59:38 -0700 (MST), PA Hala wrote:

>Some ISPs use Identd to verify the originating host.  If Identd is not supported, the POP connection will either
>fail or wait until the timeout of the Identd request.  Found this the hard way ;-)

Hm. Might this also be the reason why I have these long timeouts when
connecting to my servers (SMTP without authentication)? But I have no
firewall and the latest PMMail/2 beta.
On the ohter hand, it sounds like a problem with the ISP, not with
PMMail - and I have the delays in all 2.2 betas only, not in PMMail/2
2.1.

Strange!

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of POTSDAM (Germany)