[pmmail-list] Forwarded messages

Gene Gough pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:21:13 -0500

This would be nice if the attachment also remained intact.  It is a "nice to have" type of enhancement, not a
hard core requirement.

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:58:51 -0500, Rodney R. Korte wrote:

=>
=>How does this work?  The forwarded messages are actually MIME attachments
=>of the following type:
=>
=>Currently, PMMail sees the MIME attachment, that it is a message/rfc822,
=>and puts in in the attachments bin with the "envelope/letter" icon and
=>the subject of the message as an icon text.  It *could* instead display
=>the text of the attached message at the end of the text of the current
=>message in the text window.  This would alleviate me having to double-click
=>in the messages list to open the message (I use the preview pane), and then
=>double click on the attachment (and in some cases, double click again and
=>again as I receive forwarded/forwarded/forwarded messages, and no, I can't
=>do anything about it).  The attachment could even be left as an attachment
=>in this case.

Gene Gough                                         IBM - Retired                                                  Marietta, GA
Gough Family Page  :  http://www.goughfamily.com/home/albums.htm
Gough History           :  http://www.goughfamily.com/familytree/goughtree.html
Professional  Page    :  http://www.goughfamily.com/resume/software_expert.html