[pmmail-list] Loading message body from command line for bulk mailing

John Wirt pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 01 May 2001 23:09:00 -0400

With all the help recieved here, I have made good progress on setting
up PMMAIL as a bulk mailer. However, I've run into a problem.

I would like to load and send messages using the command line
facility of PMMAIL for Windows. This allows me to compose the
messages I want to send and post them using an ORexx procedure.

The command line syntax is:

PMMailw.exe /srd mailto:<email@company.com>?subject=TYPE SUBJECT
HERE&body=TYPEBODY HERE

PMMail opens properly, a new message is created with the mailto
address, the subject line is correct, but the body is truncated at
the first line return. The "body" variable is a Rexx string variable
with 0D0A's delimiting sentences.

HOw should the body variable be be defined. Is it possible to send a
plain.txt multiline message with this command line feature of PMMail?

Thank you.

John Wirt