[pmmail-list] Loading message body from command line for bulk mailing

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 14:20:03 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 01 May 2001 23:09:00 -0400, John Wirt wrote:

>I would like to load and send messages using the command line
>facility of PMMAIL for Windows. This allows me to compose the
>messages I want to send and post them using an ORexx procedure.

John, I wanted to do something similar for a client who runs PMMail fro
Win and found it lots easier to use Rebol. IIRC with PMMail the windows
c/l put the text file as an attachment but the OS/2 version let you
choose. Rebol runs on about 35-40 platforms and is only about 200k.

Go to www.rebol.com and download a copy of Rebol Core for Windows. Have
a look at the email related scripts in the script library and see if
there is one that does what you want.

I have one that a database program is using. The db writes its data to
a text file and then issues a command line to Rebol that says something
like email filename name@domain.

The text file has the subject as its first line.

It is very easy to use. The downside is that the machine needs to be on
the net when the command runs or you need a local relay smtpd. We have
a permanent connection and our own  mailserver so no problem for us.

If you need my script just email me.
HTH.