[pmmail-list] Need X-Command in header?

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 05 May 2001 09:27:50 +0200 (MES)

On Sat, 05 May 2001 01:12:34 -0400 (EDT), Rich wrote:

> Okay, read through the help file and even tried it out. The ICSL variables are apparently for search matches only.

   Correct (and for dynamic buiding of Canned Replies and Printouts.

> You can pull an existing header line out of an email, but you can't insert a new one in... The "inserted" above means
> a matching line from an existing email in a printout or canned reply in the text area of the new reply. Not a new header
> line in the header of a new email. Filters have no way of modifying the headers. I suppose a pre-rex script would

   I guess you will want to have a script for OUTgoing mail which
inserts an "X-Command:" header which is being processed by the list
server, right?

> work, but I'd have to figure out how to write one and also figure out how to get rex to run in win. There must be a better
> way? ;-)

   It does not need to be written in REXX, it can be any language.
The OS/2 version just mentions REXX, because under OS/2, REXX was and
is the main language for scripting, being supported by many programms
which are batch-programmable by offering their services as REXX
commands (or functions) to any REXX programm (PMMail doesn't).

   I think good alternatives are PERL on the one hand (available both
on OS/2 and Win32) or Pascal, i.e. in the form of Delphi for WIN (and
Kylix for Linux) and Sybil on OS/2.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main