[pmmail-list] mail taking longer to send in reply

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 15 May 2001 20:59:10 -0700

Hi, all, sorry for changing the subject line, but maybe I've never
noticed this before, particularily on large attachments such as mp3's,
and wave file, but also on text items, but because the delay is only
about a few seconds, I never complain, and that is, I've noticed that
messages take longer to send in reply than they do if I just compose a
new message, and I'm wondering why this is, since I've never really
paid attention to this before?  I have the quote message on, I believe
in preferences, but I've also noticed that when replying to messages,
when I first installed pm mail in February of last year, it would only
be about a few seconds before the screen would change, and I could
start writing my reply, and now, it can be as long as 20 seconds,
sometimes a half a minute, before the screen changes, and I can start
typing, and I can tell this because when I hear the word body, I know I
can start typing, but this delay is so long now, and it didn't use to
be as long, and I'm wondering why this is?   On Tue, 15 May 2001
23:43:51 -0400, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

>This message came up as text, even though it was mailed from MSIE 5.5.
>
>I grabbed the "EMAIL THIS" icon from cnnfn.com and applied it to MSIE
>5.5 and sent myself a couple of web page links.  The result is
>attached.  Looks like some more work is needed.
>
>- Jim
>
>--
>Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
>USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
>

>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Dicussion List ---------------------------

Marty