[pmmail-list] No new features until showstopper bugs remain (was: More HTML rendering problems)

Michael Gerdau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 08:30:51 +0200

>This message came up as text, even though it was mailed from MSIE 5.5.
>
>I grabbed the "EMAIL THIS" icon from cnnfn.com and applied it to MSIE
>5.5 and sent myself a couple of web page links.  The result is
>attached.  Looks like some more work is needed.

Before *adding* new features (like supporting M$ proprietary HTML stuff)
I'd dearly wish for existing features to work (preferably without crash).

I am still suffering from the crash while trying to download an email from
my pop3 account I had reported on 2. May 2001 using PMMail 2.20.2300 on
W2K sp1.

I've renewed that report on 9. May 2001 for PMMail 2.20.2320.

Both times I had provided a stacktrace and register dump so that you guys
at BSW should have no problem to check out which functions actually are
the culprit.

Even if the mail I'm trying to retrieve has a faulty header it should not
be possible to crash PMMail !!!

This is the type of bug which asks for a hotfix.

It is now 14 days down the line and I have not even heard an acknowlegement
of the bug (or any other reaction) from BSW.

Could you please fix that bug ASAP !!!

Thank you,
Michael
--