[pmmail-list] PMMail - VERY slow preview pane

Stefan Kirch pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 16:27:17 +0200

I post this problems some weeks (or month) ago, but got
no real help. So, once again:

Some users here in our network have the problem, that PMMail
is VERY slow, when showing the messages in the preview pane
or in the message-windows. Getting the emails from the
pop3-server is very fast, but at the moment, you click on a
message, the computer seems to freeze and it takes minutes,
before showing the message in the preview pane.

We installed PMMail in that way, that the program is on
c:\program files\.... and the mail-directory is on the
server. The same configuration on some other system works
fine and fast.

Yes, there is NetShield active on the server - but: NO, it
takes the same time, if I disable the NetShield-Task on the
server. Showing the messages from the explorer with notepad
is VERY fast.

Any idea? It's really urgent!!!

  Steff