[pmmail-list] PMMail - VERY slow preview pane

Stefan Kirch pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 08:32:36 +0200

On Sat, 19 May 2001 07:02:45 -0400, Mike Kilroy wrote:

>May not be worth much, but I found on some machines here that if
>someone had a zillion messages in their mail folders that this exact
>thing would happen.  I fixed one machine by xcopying all the pmmail
>and its folders into another totally separate pmmail directory,
>called it pmmail old, and then deleted most of the emails in the main
>daily use one.  That speeded it right back up again.  Not much of a
>solution, but maybe it will give you an idea or something.

Hmm - it's a new created account - there are 3 messages in it!
So, I think, it can't be that problem :(

>But you make a comment that intrigues me:  How did you put the mail
>folders in a location of your choice?????  I had asked that many
>times way back, and was always told it was not possible!  I too would
>like to be able to put everyone's mail folders on a particular
>server!  HOW????

Just set the working-directory of the link to pmmail in another
directory, where you copy the TOOLS and the ...ACT-dir into.

For using the right "mailto:-link", you also have to check the
registry-key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blueprint Software Works\PMMail
For the key ShellDirectory, make sure that it has the path
for you working directory of PMMail

That's all!