[pmmail-list] Problem when changing time zones

Jim Reisert AD1C pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 23:05:42 -0700

I don't know if this problem is specific to PMMail or to all Windows programs:

I started PMMail downloading messages with my PC set to EST (Eastern time).  In the middle of the download, I changed
the PC time zone to PST (Pacific time).  I did not exit PMMail.  When I sent messages, they had the correct local time (i.e.
11 p.m.) with the old time zone offset (Eastern, -0400 instead of Pacific, -0700).  Upon exiting and restarting PMMail, the
problem was corrected.

- Jim

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com