[pmmail-list] Things we would like fixed! resend #???? 5/21/2001

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 22:15:18 +0200 (MES)

On Mon, 21 May 2001 14:12:44 EST, Leon D. Zetekoff wrote:

> > >1. A long time ago we requested that PMMAil support migration from PostRoad Mailer 3.0. A few times I have sent
> > >in some REXX scripts (that others have done) for the POLARBAR (ex-Jstreet) Mailer. I'm not a REXX person but I
> > >think that since PRM is/was such a widely used app that support for this should be there. We have hundreds of
> > >folders and thousands of messages that we can not afford to lose.

  What do you need? I also have a bag full of PRM messages
(originally I had the idea of using PRM and PMM in parallell; PRM
allows to place folders in other places and to use the directories of
PMM for this), and periodically think about moving the stuff.

  For incoming messages, this is easy -- you would just have to move
the messages to a PMM folder and rename them to have a *.MSG
extension instead of a *.POP extension. Then reindex the PMM folder
to include the former PRM *.POP files into the FOLDER.BAG.

  Outgoing messages require a little bit more work -- the "To",
"Subject" etc headerlines are prefixed by a binary code which is
documented in the PRM online help, this has to be changed to the
corresponding RFC822 header.

  For address book conversion, there are tools.

  So what are you missing?

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main