[pmmail-list] Help ...

Warner Young pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:16:32 -0800

On Thu, 08 Nov 2001 12:28:51 -0500 (EST), Tom Pauncz wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:20:50, Paul Hodges wrote:
>
>=>On Thu, 08 Nov 2001 11:00:53 -0600, J Stewart wrote:
>=>
>=>>  I had the same problem once before and the only solution I could come
>=>>  up with was calling the ISP and having them dump the offending email
>=>>  from the server.
>=>
>=>I would have thought it would be easier to have an alternative client
>=>to hand to get it.  Polarbar is the obvious one to suggest.  (Or
>=>Outlook Express which is there by default on most Windows boxes.)
>
>Thanks for the posts ...
>I eventually managed to delete the offending message by using Telnet to the POP server.
>
>I do have an alternative - but only at home.  At work, I pick up mail and leave it on the server for pickup when I get home.

I've had the same problem once in a while, and there are only 2 ways to
fix it that I've found:

1) Use an alternate email client, as some people suggested.  This also
implies that this is a bug in PMMail.

2) Change PMMail settings to delete mail on server as they are
retrieved.  This also fixes it.  This implies the problem is somewhere
in the "leave mail on server" code, I think.

FWIW, I've only had this happen to me on ATTGlobal's mail server, never
any of the other ones I use.

-Warner Young