[pmmail-list] Folder Icons Wrong

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:40:39 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:32:47 -0500 (EST), Ronny Hippler wrote:

>Hello,
>	I have several folders that have the downward arrow indicating unread mail in a
>sub folder. there is no unread mail in any of the sub folders. How do  I fix this?

Here's the procedure I use to fix this problem.

1.  Check all the subfolders to be sure there are no unread messages
and then shut down PMMail.

2.  Go to the subdirectory containing the offending folder and find the
file named folder.ini and make a backup copy you can restore in case of
any problems.  Then, open the folder.ini file in a text editor and you
should see short, one-line string similar to the one below from my
Inbox folder:

 Inbox|1|0|3;2;6;4;8;5;7;9;0;1|0|1|0|6|

3.  Note that the next to the last character in the string is a 6. Any
character other than a 0 in that position, however, indicates that
there are unread messages in the folder or its subdirectories and
causes the folder icon to display the downward arrow.  Change the next
to the last character to a 0 - as shown below - and then save the file.

Inbox|1|0|3;2;6;4;8;5;7;9;0;1|0|1|0|0|

When you restart PMMail, the folder icon should display properly.

Ralph Cohen