[pmmail-list] Open relay is the problem with your smtp

Dave in Phoenix AZ pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 22:38:04 -0700

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:33:53 -0500, Steve Ewing wrote:
> but if you're checking your mail from some
>other provider, say from your office, you need to check your mail first.

That is the problem I have no need to check my mail on my smtp ISP (Cox
cable) since I never use the cox account for an E-mail address only
dave@davephx.com.  That is the only pop I use which isn't hosted by cox,
but I want to use cox's fast smtp server.

Cox has got it set up so it works, but they told me they wrote a program
too fool the receiving ISP's and hide the open relay.  I would think many
others would have this problem.

Dave in Phoenix