[pmmail-list] time to clear trash - performance

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:14:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:03:10 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>When I want to empty part of a Trash folder, I move the files to be
>emptied into an empty trash folder on another account and then empty
>that entire folder.  This process seems to be much faster than only
>emptying part of a trash folder, probably because there's nothing that
>needs to be reindexed.

Good idea!   Thanks!!

It's really painful listening to this high performance SCSI disk system
grind out 1 message every 8-10 seconds....

Add this bug/feature to the list of those to be fixed during
this 3rd year... OK?    ;-)

---
Bruce Francis
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"