[pmmail-list] time to clear trash - performance

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 08:56:51 -0300

On Thu, 04 Oct 2001 16:01:19 -0400 (EDT), Jerry Prather wrote:

>Yep, that's correct for the one item case.  However, when
>you get a significant number of items in your Trash, things
>are different.  I typically only dump the trash every three
>or four days.  I dumped it last evening and there are
>already 114 messages in there.

Part of the problem is that this is not 100% reproducible. For
example, I have intentionally created an account with > 2,000
messages in the Trash, closed down and _not_ had any significant disk
thrashing.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support