[pmmail-list] why aren't folders alphabetized?

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 22:37:21 -0700

On Sat, 06 Oct 2001 19:49:47 -0400, c a r s t e n wrote:

>failing that,
>possibly removing the parent folder's settings files and re-creating
>them might have the desired effect. i will experiment a bit...

If you do that, remember the folder ID stored in folder.ini. That's
used by filters to identify folders for, eg., move operations. If you
blindly delete the folder.ini, your filters referencing that folder
will stop working.

The folder.ini also contains the folder's long name, to allow use on
filesystems that only support 8.3 naming. Deleting the file will cause
PMM to use the default 8.3 name instead.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]