[pmmail-list] Substitute Text Editor

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:19:40 -0400 (EDT)

Carl,

I opened your message to remove the redundancy in my response, which
was the "the" in "its the \PMMAIL\TEMP directory".  As you can see
below, there was no change, using the FlexEdit editor from FileStar/2.
Outside of PMMail/2, this editor works very well.  I should mention
that this editor is set in PMMail/2 to read text/plain files with the
working directory as \PMMAIL\TEMP, if this makes any difference, which
it shouldn't, IMHO.  At the moment, there are 2 files in \PMMAIL\TEMP,
namely, EXT6.BOD at 0 bytes, created by PMMail for this message and
TEMP.bak from FlexEdit, created after my previous attempt to edit your
message.

I'm at FP 10 and there are no attributes connected to this TEMP
directory, which was a problem with one of the Fixpaks in disallowing
the system to write to a directory, IIRC.  FlexEdit has no problems
writing to any directory, with TEMP.bak being proof of this fact.

I'm at a loss.  If I shut down PMMail/2 and restart it, after running
another program, I can edit only one message.  Weird!