[pmmail-list] Import Netscape Address books?

Clueless in Seattle pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:29:40 -0700

If I've correctly understood the features list on the PMMail web page;
the address book files from Netscape Messenger 4.75 cannot be imported
into PMMail.  Is that really the case?

If so, have any of you come up with a work-around, so I won't have to
manually recreate all of my many Messenger address books?

One idea I had would be to go through my old Messenger address books
and send a message to every address in the book with a cc to myself.
Then in PMMail I could open each cc'd message and import the "To:"
address into my PMMail address book.  Would that work?

If so, how do you add a "To:" of a message to a PMMail address book?
I've not had any luck find that in the help file.

P.S.  I was really pleased to find a "Bounce" function on the PMMail
"Message" menu.  I've been searching for that in an email program for
years and years, ever since the days when I used Pine.  In fact I
still keep Pine running alongside Netscape Messenger, just to be able
to use that single "bounce" feature.