[pmmail-list] PMMail as newsgroup reader?

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:26:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 19:53:19 -0400 (EDT), Kenn Yuill wrote:

>                                                                       There
>is PMINews for OS/2, which was from Stardock and looks like a mate to
>PMMail/2.  Perhaps, it was a joint venture (?) at some time.  I'm sure
>that one of the veteran users will set both of us straight.

I'm sure the BSW people will set the record straight (Trevor) ...
but in the interim:

Both PMMail/2 and PMINews/2 were written by SouthSide Software,
which consisted of BoB and Ike.  PMINews/2 was apparently solely
marketed thru StarDock Systems, while PMMail/2 was marketed thru
SouthSide.  Bob/Ike (one/other/both) got tired, sold PMMail/2 to
BSW.  PMINews/2 was *not* part of the deal, and thus ownership
still lies with SouthSide, which from what I've heard does not in
effect exist any more:   to wit, several people have tried to contact
BoB to see if PMINews/2 could be Open-Sourced or otherwise
continued in development, but there has been no response.

I'm sure more knowledgeable people than I will correct this crude
re-telling.

<sign me:  a long time and current user of PMMail/2 and PMINews/2.... >

---
Bruce Francis
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"