[pmmail-list] Wish List for PMM/2 again

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 04:57:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:12:05 +0100, Martin N Brampton wrote:

>>Another one which popped up recently on an active mail list was to
>>resurrect FidoMail feature to include writer's initials in the "Quote
>>Indicator" . This could be more generic so that we could tailor the
>>actual content a little (initials, first name only, last name only
>>etc)
>
>That would be really nice.  I'd actually forgotten about it, but in the
>days of bulletin boards, lots of mail software followed that principle.
>It makes long running discussions very much clearer.
>
>Best regards, Martin

Just my 2-cents ...

I do NOT like this idea ...
To me, it's very much visually distracting ... I have no trouble following who says what using the existing ">" symbol for previous
postings within a thread ...

Personally (and I know I'll get flamed for this suggestion) I'd rather see RTF supported so each respondant would show up as a
different color within a message ... I find that easier to follow ...

Be gentle fellow list members :-)

Greg