[pmmail-list] Wish List for PMM/2 again

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 06:58:04 -0400 (EDT)

What is the overhead for RTF?
If it is the same as HTML, which triples or quadruples the size of a
message, I am against such a suggestion.  Yes, I know that "everyone"
but me, has ADSL for instant messaging and a 60 GB. HDD to store oodles
of messages, but even if I was so equipped, I would still find these
"pretty" messages to be a waste of space and bandwidth.

That's my $ 0.031 CND or 2 cents US.

Ciao,
    Kenn

In a note on 2001-10-16, at 04:57:27, Gregory L. Marx stated:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:12:05 +0100, Martin N Brampton wrote:

>>Another one which popped up recently on an active mail list was to
>>resurrect FidoMail feature to include writer's initials in the
>>Indicator" . This could be more generic so that we could tailor the
>>actual content a little (initials, first name only, last name only
>>etc)
>
>That would be really nice.  I'd actually forgotten about it, but in
the
>days of bulletin boards, lots of mail software followed that
principle.
>It makes long running discussions very much clearer.
>
>Best regards, Martin

Just my 2-cents ...

I do NOT like this idea ...
To me, it's very much visually distracting ... I have no trouble
following who says what using the existing ">" symbol for previous
postings within a thread ...

Personally (and I know I'll get flamed for this suggestion) I'd rather
see RTF supported so each respondent would show up as a
different color within a message ... I find that easier to follow ...

Be gentle fellow list members :-)

Greg

  Always act as if life is a joyous journey.
    Kenn Yuill    Warp 4.0/FP10    Java 1.18
        PMMail/2 2.1 Demo.  Communicator 4.61
            The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada