[pmmail-list] ICSL - Suggestion for New Variable

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:30:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have made a Canned Reply for use with all responses, which works
quite well.  However, I need a new variable to make a Canned Reply
which matches the behaviour of the regular reply, when I highlight a
section of the message for my response.  As we know, only the
highlighted portion of the original message appears in the reply.  Any
Canned Reply ignores this highlighted portion, since the variable
"$b.quote$ is looking for the entire body of the message.

Therefore, I would like to see a new variable such as $l$, which would
be similar to "$b", i.e. $l$ and $l.quote$.  Obviously, I chose "l" as
in "light", since "h" is for header.  Of course, this means that a
Canned Reply would have to appear in the popup menu from a RMB click in
a message when text is highlighted, as it does presently in a reply.

Is there any procedure for the user to create a new variable?

If not, would someone in PMMail Support create this variable?

Comments, Trevor, anyone?

Ciao,
    Kenn

  Always act as if life is a joyous journey.
    Kenn Yuill    Warp 4.0/FP10    Java 1.18
        PMMail/2 2.1 Demo.  Communicator 4.61
            The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
               - A Thought for Today -
Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?
     - T. S. Eliot