[pmmail-list] Sending mails

Steve Wendt pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:26:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:43:39 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:

>>>That's what is different.  You shouldn't need that on (or it should always be on,
>>>and not allow you to turn it off - for the Outbox only, of course).
>>
>>Oops, now you've lost me again.  Why "shouldn't" you need to set that
>>option on in order for the folder to change colors when any mail is
>>present?  Or, why shouldn't you be allowed to turn it off?

The Outbox normally turns red when it has mail it, regardless of that setting.  So,
its behavior is inconsistent.  If you are "supposed to" have that setting on, then it
should be on by default (it's not), and there isn't any good reason for turning it off
if that is the case.

>... and further:  If you turn it off, isn't the program doing EXACTLY
>what you've told it to do?

You mean, the default settings for the Outbox is supposed to show bugs?  I doubt
that is the intention!  :)

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)