[pmmail-list] Sending mails

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:49:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:41:24 -0400 (EDT), Kenn Yuill wrote:

>Hello Bruce Francis,
>
>I think that Steve's point may be that the Outbox is only a temporary
>repository for e-mail, while the program awaits the next opportunity to
>send e-mail and move it into the "Sent" folder.

Maybe that's how you use the Outbox but not the way I use it.  I decide
when I want to manually send the mail from the mail box - not PMMail.
If I want to have mail sit it there for a week, then so be it.  If I
want it to indicate that there is unsent mail in it, then I can change
the folder setting to indicate just that.  One of PMMail's great
strengths is that it has tremendous flexibility to allow me to handle
email the way that I want to -- not how someone else thinks I ought to.

As far as I can tell, therefore, there is no bug with regard to the
Outbox indicating whether or not there are messages inside.  It is
operating exactly the way all the other folders operate and exactly the
way I would expect it to operate.  If it operated any differently, then
*THAT* would be a bug.<g>

Ralph