[pmmail-list] URL Address Book for PMMail?

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:50:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Ann,

Thanks for your comments.  I don't want to open my browser or go to a
particular site, when an interesting URL is encountered.  I want to
save it for future reference.
I can create a "URL Folder" with sub-folders for the various groups
that I like, but often any folder is hidden under PMMail or In-Joy.
Yes, I know that I could open the folder before opening PMMail/2 and
Alt-Tab to it.  It would be a lot more convenient to add the URL to a
book within PMMail/2.  An alternative would be the ability to name a
folder, on the Desktop or wherever, within PMMail/2, so that it would
deposit the URL as it does now for an e-mail address with optional
editing.

Also, it would be a good selling point for BSW to include this feature
in PMMail 2000 for Windows, where the greater revenue is generated and
set it apart from the other e-mail clients.

There are always methods to achieve the desired objectives, as you
kindly pointed out, but I thought that this feature would be great.  It
is likely that PMMail Technical Support are counting the responses to
see if this suggestion has any merit.
In view of the overwhelming replies, that is another concept which is
about to "bite the dust".

Ciao,
    Kenn
The Original E-mail below, sent by Ann Knight on Mon, 22 Oct 2001
07:47:29 -0600 (MDT) to pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com, stated:

 Can't you drag a URL and drop it on Netscape, or Mozilla, or whatever
your browser of choice is?
Then it's a simple matter to add it to the browser's bookmarks.

--
 Thanks,
Ann