[pmmail-list] URL Address Book for PMMail?

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:26:47 -0700

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:50:52 -0400 (EDT), Kenn Yuill wrote:

>Thanks for your comments.  I don't want to open my browser or go to a
>particular site, when an interesting URL is encountered.  I want to
>save it for future reference.

I favor modularity, to keep bugs isolated and keep each client
feature-rich in its own domain. Don't tie up PMMail developer resources
with something that belongs in the web browser. It's enough that PMMail
can launch the browser. Let the browser worry about URL management
beyond that.

At most, PMMail might provide a hook for bookmark saving, and a
suitable menuitem in PMMail can invoke that hook. The hook can then
launch a browser with suitable arguments, or invoke a 3rd party utility
to do any further processing.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]