[pmmail-list] Feature Request

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 07:14:31 +0200 (MES)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:18:13 -0400 (EDT), Kenn Yuill wrote:

> Hello Lueko Willms,

>   Each Filter is a line in the file FILTERS.LST in your Account
> directory. You could go in there and duplicate filters as much as you
> want...

> Your answer could be called retrogressive and is likely similar to what
> was uttered by the man in his buggy as the horseless carriage passed
> him on the road.

   ?? It is a workaround. It shows that it is not impossible to
duplicate a filter, besides copying a filter condition thru the
clipboard. It is one of those "nice to have" features, and not really
important.

   Adding a button in the filter dialogue to activate this "duplicate
line" action should not be too difficult.

  But I tell you one thing: the most important change which I and my
customers here in Germany wait for anxiously is the German language
version. I do not want to distract the programmers time too much from
that task.

  The most important and time consuming task in this is the
preparation of the current source code for non-english versions,
which amounts to a real rewrite, I presume, and which does not
produce immediately visible results.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main