[pmmail-list] Mutiple Attachments

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 07:57:12 +0200 (MES)

On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 15:49:40 +0200 (CED), S.Stroh aka 'Yellow' wrote:

> if i recive an Message with more than one Attachment then PMMail
> dosent display the Filenames. It displayed for each Attachment
> Unnamed Attachment X.ATT (X is the Number of the Attachment).

   This is generally not true but probably caused by the errors in
the sender's message:

> Looking at the MailHeader ther is set:
>
> and both Attachments has thies Header:
> --_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.GJ5L0G138764=_=_=_

   As you can see, the tag "Content-Type:" is twice in there. This
might cause PMMail to discard the second line and thus to overlook
the "name=" tag.

   I guess that the parameter "name=diesunddas.txt" should be added
to the previous line (sure, I'm no expert on MIME and have not
verified this in the RFCs).

   OTOH, while one should be very strict with a standard on the
sending side, on the receiving side, one should be very permissive
with the standards and allow for a lot of strange behaviour.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de