[pmmail-list] Stop! Please read this clarification about Auto-Retrieve Interval

quaero@myrealbox.com pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 07:33:46 -0400 (EDT)

To all concerned,

It seems that I have been misunderstood about my suggestion to improve
on the Auto-Retrieve time interval setting.  Perhaps I could have been
clearer, but it was never my intention to suggest that "Seconds" be
_replaced_ by _Hours_.  My suggestion was to _INCREASE_ the interval
range so that the _MAX_ limit is Hours instead of the current max -
3600 Seconds (1 Hour).  The following portion snipped from my original
post clearly shows my true intention:

-------- Begin------------
>>>The max value of "Check For New Mail Every XXX Seconds" be changed to
>>>hours instead.  I find this particular feature of MR/2 Ice to be very

In any case, from the number of responses generated, I now perceive
that there are users whose needs are met by having PMMail retrieve mail
at intervals less than 1 hour.  This should not conflict with any
improvement on this particular feature by moving the _upper_ limit of
the time period to say, 24 hours.

Regards,

Nick