[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2370 frequently hangs during fetch

Ulrich Jakobus pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 06:57:52 +0200

I would just like to report back on my problem reported last week:

>last week I upgraded from PMMAIL 2.20.2360 to version 2.20.2370 for
>Windows. Very often now (about 5 times a day) fetching mail via pop
>just hangs, the status bar only says "Getting message 1 of 3" and
>that's it. With PMMAIL 2.20.2360 I never observed this behaviour.

I went back to PMMAIL 2.20.2360, the problems were gone. 3 days ago
I then upgraded again from 2.20.2360 to 2.20.2370, and to my surprise
since then also did not have any such hanging fetch any more.

I think the answer to this problem might be:

   I automatically update the Norton Antivirus files once a week.
   May be just when I updated PMMail from 2360 to 2370 the NAV
   update had a problem in the virus patterns causing POP to hang.
   Later versions of the virus files don't show this problem any
   more, and now PMAIL 2370 is working again.

Just a speculation. But at least PMMail 2.20.2370 now also works
for me without problem when popping mail through NAV.

Thanks,

Ulrich Jakobus