[pmmail-list] Bug report

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 19:41:48 -0700 (PDT)

My reply to message from Bagyinka, Csaba sent on
Sat, 01 Sep 2001 13:58:59 +0200 (CDT). You wrote:

>> >3./ Click the arrow "View the message above the current message"
>> Ummm, why would you want to do this _after_ changing main window folder
>> view. It would seem logical to open another message in the new folder or
>> _not_ change the main window folder view. "View the message above the
>> current message" is for navigating the same folder as the open message
>> _not_ a new folder.
>
>Let's say I have got a new mail and wondering about that. Or want to
>check something in a different mail. Anyway I am not a robot to do
>everything linearly.

I open another message in another folder all the time. I just don't expect
to use the navigational arrows in the open message to navigate a folder
that is not the source folder for the message in focus. Would you expect
your command line processor to act on a file in this manner ie open a file
from a foreign directory with no reference in your path statement?

The navigational arrows provided by PMMail in an open message window are
there for easier navigation of the source folder. PMMail should deactivate
these toolbar buttons if the source folder is changed or PMMail should
store the path information of the open message when it creates temporary
header and body files.

>> >PMMAil 2.10.2010 OS/2 version
>> Same version on W4FP15 with no enhancers running. Have you made
>> alterations to native Warp, running substitute programs or enhancers? If
>> so, try doing this from native original Warp with appropriate FP.
>
>4OS2 is may default command line processor. Maybe this is the reason  I
>will try after trhe next reboot.

Did it make a difference?

>But what PMMail should do with command line processor???

Maybe you should ask the reverse?
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris