[pmmail-list] PMMail mystery process pegs CPU

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 18:40:21 -0300

On Mon, 03 Sep 2001 15:20:01 -0400 (EDT), quaero@myrealbox.com wrote:

>I'm sorry - it would appear that your server has relegated this domain
>to the spammers' list.  I will look into an alternative provider.
>Thanks for letting me know.

No problem. I'm not 100% sure that was what it was; you might want to
check around first to make sure it wasn't just temporary.

>a while I thought I had a problem with my Warp.  Only after I'd
>reinstalled Warp and found that the bug remained inspired me to write
>to the list.

I assume you've also upgraded TCP/IP and MPTS to include the latest
fixes, right?

>Interestingly, since my last post to the list, PMMail/2 has run for
>slightly more than a day before being killed - again, this shows that
>the "lockup" doesn't happen at a consistent rate but only when certain
>conditions are met.  However, it's certain that this is just a matter
>of "when" and that PMMail/2 may run for a few hours or a few days here.

Yep. This is certainly why I have not seen it. My system obviously
lacks something yours has. As you probably appreciate, this kind of
debugging is maddeningly difficult.

>The max value of "Check For New Mail Every XXX Seconds" be changed to
>hours instead.  I find this particular feature of MR/2 Ice to be very

Yes, I know. This has been on our request list for some time.
Hopefully we will get it implemented soon (I would like it too) but I
can't promise when.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support