[pmmail-list] Share Address Book

Mike Kilroy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 08:35:23 -0400

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_5149888=_=_=_

I too would like a network version so we can share address book.  If
someone else runs MY copy of Pmmail, then I can no longer SEE any
text in any messages until I close pmmail and reopen it.  So, no,
running one copy from more than 1 location does not work.  On the
otherhand, anyone can run a copy across the network as long as they
are the only one running it at the time.

I have a routine run once per day where it copies MY TOOL directory
to everyone elses tool directory, so we all have the same address
book.  Only problem is that I'm the only one whoever updates or adds
to it - not a good solution.  I have put icon on everyone's desk to
run my pmmail and hence be able to update the address book, but they
dont do.

So, again, a network version would be nice - or just as nice to me
would be a SEMI-NETWORK version:  allow us to tell where the TOOL
directory is and SHARE it ONLY would be sufficient.  Perhaps this
would be easy enough to do to make it happen?  What cha think Trevor?

On Sun, 09 Sep 2001 12:00:17 +0200 (MSZ), Boris Kirkorowicz wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 11:38:07 +1100 (EDT), Dr Graham Norton FRACP
>Neurologist wrote:
>
>>we have 3 licences for PMMail for OS2 at work and whilst I know that P=
MMail is not
>>a true "network aware" product - you told me so  (!)  and I  therefore=
 should  run the 3
>>'clients' from the local workstations,   is it still possible to share=
 a common -
>>Address Book  - this would at least be a greatly efficient improvement=
?

>One possible solution might be to set up PMMail as an network app, and
>if necessary password protect the accounts. Maybe PMMail won't work due=

>to locked files on more than one Computer at the same time, but if it
>does ist should meet your request. Just try.
>

>Gru=DF                              Greetings
>          Boris Kirkorowicz
>

>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>line of the message body being...

Mike, AC8V

              \\|//
           (  o . o  )
-----o00o------(_)------o00o-----

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_5149888=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT FACE=3D"Courier New" DEFAULT=3D"FACE"><FONT SIZE=3D"2" POINTSIZE=3D=
"10" DEFAULT=3D"SIZE">I too would like a network version so we can share=
 address book.  If someone else runs MY copy of Pmmail, then I can no lo=
nger SEE any text in any messages until I close pmmail and reopen it.  S=
o, no, running one copy from more than 1 location does not work.  On the=
 otherhand, anyone can run a copy across the network as long as they are=
 the only one running it at the time.<BR>
<BR>
I have a routine run once per day where it copies MY TOOL directory to e=
veryone elses tool directory, so we all have the same address book.  Onl=
y problem is that I'm the only one whoever updates or adds to it - not a=
 good solution.  I have put icon on everyone's desk to run my pmmail and=
 hence be able to update the address book, but they dont do.<BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D800000>So, again, a network version would be nice - or jus=
t as nice to me would be a SEMI-NETWORK version:  allow us to tell where=
 the TOOL directory is and SHARE it ONLY would be sufficient.  Perhaps t=
his would be easy enough to do to make it happen?  What cha think Trevor=
?<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D000000 DEFAULT=3D"COLOR"><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On Sun, 09 Sep 2001 12:00:17 +0200 (MSZ), Boris Kirkorowicz wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&gt;On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 11:38:07 +1100 (EDT), Dr Graham Norton FRACP<BR>=

&gt;Neurologist wrote:<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;&gt;we have 3 licences for PMMail for OS2 at work and whilst I know =
that PMMail is not <BR>
&gt;&gt;a true "network aware" product - you told me so  (!)  and I  the=
refore should  run the 3 <BR>
&gt;&gt;'clients' from the local workstations,   is it still possible to=
 share a common - <BR>
&gt;&gt;Address Book  - this would at least be a greatly efficient impro=
vement?<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;One possible solution might be to set up PMMail as an network app, a=
nd<BR>
&gt;if necessary password protect the accounts. Maybe PMMail won't work =
due<BR>
&gt;to locked files on more than one Computer at the same time, but if i=
t<BR>
&gt;does ist should meet your request. Just try.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;Gru=DF                              Greetings<BR>
&gt;          Boris Kirkorowicz<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List -------------------------=
--<BR>
&gt;To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message to mdaemon@bmtmicro.com with the firs=
t <BR>
&gt;line of the message body being...<BR>
&gt;UNSUBSCRIBE pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
<BR>

</HTML>

<HTML>
<LEFT>
<FONT FACE=3D"Courier New" COLOR=3D"#000001" SIZE=3D"2" POINTSIZE=3D"10"=
 DEFAULT=3D"ALL">
Mike,&nbsp;AC8V<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;\\|//<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(&nbsp=
;&nbsp;o&nbsp;.&nbsp;o&nbsp;&nbsp;)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</HTML=

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_5149888=_=_=_--