[pmmail-list] Sync to Palm

Rodney R. Korte pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 21:52:20 -0400

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:15:14 +0200 (MSZ), Chris Hellwig wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:26:49 -0400, Rodney R. Korte wrote:
>
>>Has anyone worked out how to sync a PMMail folder to a PalmOS Inbox?
>>The PalmDesktop has a tool for Outlook and Eudora, but I don't
>>know if either have the same directory structure, etc.
>
>Have not done it (I write mails with the palm and put them to the PMMail
>Outbox), but what you need:

That would work for me.  How do you do that without the stuff you
mention below?

>PilotLink/2
>Perl
>the PilotLink/2 Perl interface
>a perl script
>
>Have a look at
>http://www.perelin.de/stellarcom/palmstuff/

Thanks, this stuff looks O.K., but unfortunately, the only working modules
are provided for OS/2 (I'm running Windows), and the links to the
source for the perl modules are broken.  CPAN lists a similar package
called p5-Palm-1.2.4- I suppose one could rewrite the "syncmail_public.pl"
script provided at perelin.de to use that package, but I don't have
the time. :-(

Are there any other suggestions?

Rodney