[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:46:41 -0300

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 04:40:04 -0400 (EDT), Carl Gehr wrote:

>I have the option checked, but to be honest, I have NO IDEA what
>	"...Verify Attachment Decode..."
>really means.  The Help text does not provide any interpretation.  To
>me, 'verifications' are usually good.  So, I left it as it was.  What
>have I requested?

If you receive a message with an attachment named "file.txt" and you
open it, it is saved in your TEMP folder. If you later receive
another message with an attachment of identical name, PMMail will ask
you if it should show you the previously saved file (in your TEMP
folder) or if it should decode this (possibly new) attachment.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support