[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Ulrich Jakobus pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:18:03 +0200

It seems that I must clarify the bug, to avoid these speculations:

>Maybe I am wrong, but as I interpret the 'bug report' the problem is a
>file with the same name that is in DIFFERENT DIRECTORIES.

No, the bug has nothing to do with files in directories. The bug
is that if I have 2 e-mails with attached files of the same name
(but possibly of different content), then when I forward these two
e-mails sequentially (of course not simultaneously), the attached
file of the second e-mail gets replaced by the file which is attached
to=B4the first e-mail.

So just to make clear: I have two different *.msg files lying in
the same or different directories of my PMMAIL folder. Both *.msg
files are MIME encoded and include attachments with the same name.
But the *.msg files are of course different, different e-mail text,
different content of the attachment, only the line
or similar with the filename is identical. That's all. I don't
have the attached files anywhere on my hard disk.

Then forward mail 1 (first *.msg file) to someone. Wait until send
is finished. Even 1 day later, select e-mail 2. Forward this to
someone (yourself for instance). You will realise that the attachment
of mail 2 is now suddenly wrong.

>BTW, I suggest reviewing your account settings. Do you have account
>settings=3D> prompts=3D>Verify Attachment Decode When Duplicate Filenam=
>Exists 'checked'?

Yes, this is checked. But as I understand, this has nothing to do
with this particular bug. The setting applies when opening attachments
(e.g. if I receive a *.doc file and doubleclick at it to start Word).

Best regards,

Ulrich Jakobus