[pmmail-list] PMMail doesn't generate Message-Id

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:25:09 -0300

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:38:46 +0200, Martin Jansen wrote:

>In _every_ programming language there are methods to generate nearly
>unique IDs. The probability that there will the same ID once again
>is lower than the probability that I win the lottery twice in a row.
>And thus, it is negligible. So I don't see a real problem there.

Sorry for starting this. I originally was only pointing out that it
was theoretically possible for IDs to be repeated. The original
person I was replying to said that they were required to be unique
but, in reality, that can't be guaranteed. Very likely, yes, but not
guaranteed.

It was a conversational point only, not any sort of philosophical
point.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support