[pmmail-list] PGP setup problems.... (again)

Winfried Tilanus pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:49:21 +0200 (CDT)

Hi!

I am setting up a new computer with OS/2. I copied the PMMail files (v.
2.10.2010) to the new drive (program to: g:\net\pmmail and data files
to: h:\appdata\pmmail, the latter one is the startup directory). This
all worked ok

I setup pgp in the following way:

f:\bin from pgp 5.0 pgp.exe + pgpk.exe (in path statement)
g:\net\pgp26 pgp 2.6.3 all files except configuration + keyrings (NOT
in path)
g:\net\pgp50 pgp 5.0 all files except configuration + keyrings (NOT in
path)
h:\appdata\pgp all keyrings and configuration files from both pgp 5.0
and 2.6.3

in config.sys: set pgppath=h:\appdata\pgp
in both 5.0 and 2.6.3 config file a pointer to the keyrings

PMMail thinks pgp is available but opening a signed message results in:
"PGP could not confirm signature"

Saving the same message to disk and starting "pgp v" on it results in a
correct check of the signature.

So, i would say pgp is propperly setup, so why isn't pmmail able to
verify the message?

I had some trouble with a simmilar setup before, but I can't recall the
solution I have found then...

Best wishes,
Winfried

--