[pmmail-list] PGP setup problems.... (again)

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:01:34 -0300

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:49:21 +0200 (CDT), Winfried Tilanus wrote:

>Saving the same message to disk and starting "pgp v" on it results in a
>correct check of the signature.
>
>So, i would say pgp is propperly setup, so why isn't pmmail able to
>verify the message?

Unfortunately I can't offer support for PGP installation. While it
may seem that PGP is properly set up, can you call it from any path?
IS PMMail maybe getting confused between PGP 2.3 and PGP 5.0? Do BOTH
of them work from any path?

Sorry, it's been so long since I set up the different versions of PGP
I can't remember exactly how I did it. I will say that your setup
seems much more complex than mine since you have data and executables
spread over different drives.

I can tell you that all PMMail does is call PGP with exactly the same
command line paramaters as you would type. It does not contain any
extra executable code that might be busted; it relies entirely on the
pgp executables to do the work.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support