[pmmail-list] PGP setup problems.... (again)

David Azarewicz pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:30:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:12:15 -0700 (PDT), David Azarewicz wrote:

A bit more information based entirely on experience, not any inside knowledge...

>>The strange thing is, calling it from the commandline works ok, but
>>PMMail doesn't recognize it. From what working directory does it call?

My guess would be from the PMMAIL TEMP directory using a fully qualified path to
the PGP executable.

(FYI this is also how I use PGP from the command line on the rare occasions I need
to do so.  I type \pgp\pgp v ...  I don't have my LIBPATH and PATH cluttered with
unneeded stuff [like PGP])

>>Does it parse the pgppath variable to the invironment pgp is called in?

I don't believe so.  I used to have my keyrings on a floppy and the PGP executables
on my hard disk.  So my PGPPATH environment variable was A:\PGP.  PMMAIL still
found and used the PGP executables on my hard disk, but PGP used the keyrings
on the floppy.

David

-----
David Azarewicz  david@deltasys.org
http://www.deltasys.org/david

There can be no true health care reform until the service
providers stop treating people like patients and start treating
them like customers.  -- David Azarewicz 1994