[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 23:05:59 -0700 (PDT)

My reply to message from Ulrich Jakobus sent on
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:57:37 +0200. You wrote:

>This is quite a serious bug for me. I created licence files "licence.dat"
>for our customers and the licence creation program sent them to me.
>I forwarded these licence files to all our customers, and now it turns
>out that all of them but the first got the wrong licence file (all got
>the licence file intended for the first customer). The only workaround
>is to explicitely safe the file from the received e-mail and attach it
>again to the e-mail to be forwareded.

The designers of PMMail expected a user to open and view a message and its
attachment BEFORE forwarding that message. If this is done, there is no
problem. However, PMMail does use a TEMP folder for all temporary files
that is only purged when PMMail is restarted. If another message with the
same file attachment name as a previously opened message is forwarded
without opening the new attachment, PMMail will use the preexisting file
in the TEMP folder. To forward a message without viewing the message and
its attachment, simply purge your TEMP folder first or RMB on the message
to be forwarded, select view attachment, select save and save the
attachment to your TEMP folder. This forces the new attachment into the
TEMP folder. Forward your message.

--
JMO,
/s/~Kris